Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Starting Out

Those who know me understand that I am absolutely obsessed with the idea of story. I firmly believe that everything important that I've ever learned in my entire life was in the form of a story. Stories have always been a passion of mine whether it be writing a mediocre tale that no one will ever read for fear of embarrassment, enjoying masterfully written novel that grips me by the throat and doesn't let go until the last page, or simply listening to simple anecdotes from friends and family. This summer I"m spending seven weeks by myself in Brazil. I'll be living with a family that speaks almost no English. I know even less Portuguese. I'm a nineteen year old college student who is in way over his head. I've decided to devote these few weeks to living out one great story. This blog is devoted to documenting my experiences as they come. Several stories may come out of this experience, but I want just one that leaves people with their jaws dropped in disbelief. This story may be funny, scary, spiritual, or any combination thereof. Come what my, this is my pledge: that I will not shy away from any experience because, hey, it'll make a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment